Position: Accountant / Senior Accountant
As an accountant with this west-end firm, you will be responsible for working with the team, primarily on assurance and compilation engagements and the preparation of corporate and personal income tax returns. You will manage engagements, assist the managers and partners in analyzing client needs and providing advice. Candidates must be able to work within a confidential environment, be flexible and adaptable to the varying requirements of the role and have the ability to work independently or be a strong team player.
- Oversee the planning, preparation and completion of audit, review and compilation engagements
- Review and preparation of financial statements, working paper files and corporate tax returns in accordance with our firm’s standards
- Review and preparation of personal tax returns
- Monitoring progress of engagements and communicating to partners
- Establish and maintain communication with the clients as necessary, including coordinating onsite visits and engagement timing
- Ability to multitask and to manage multiple client engagements
- Effectively communicate with our clients, government agencies and with our partners and staff
- Providing advice and training to other staff members
Education and Professional Skills and knowledge:
- University degree and completion or near completion of CPA, CA designation with an minimum of 2 years of experience with a CPA firm (including audit experience) with demonstrated skills in leading and completing working paper files
- Consideration will be given to non-designated candidates with significant public accounting experience
- Well organized with superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Solid communication skills (both verbal and written) with an emphasis on client service
- Aptitude to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Proficient in standard software applications used in CPA firms
Please email your resume to [email protected]. Please note while we appreciate all applicants that have expressed interest, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit recruiters4hire.com.