Administrative Assistant, Communications/Development
Are you a creative person who possesses superb organizational and communication?
This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a passionate growing team transforming people’s lives.
Ve’ahavta is a registered non-profit social service organization based on the Jewish ethics of justice, kindness, and responsibility. At Ve’ahavta, we deliver programs that break down barriers, restore human dignity, foster capacity-building, and empower marginalized individuals to navigate socio economic barriers and create real change in their lives. Further information can be found at www.veahavta.org
At Ve’ahavta, we value hard work, but we also value recognition, wellness, and taking care of each other. In addition to a competitive salary, Ve’ahavta employees are offered full group health benefits including dental coverage, a Wellness Spending Account allowance, Employee Assistance Program, generous vacation, and sick time off policies, in addition to office closures for all statutory and Jewish holidays. Above all, we provide a warm, supportive, fun, and progressive place of work. Come join us!
This role plays a key part in creating and implementing the communications strategy to the organization’s stakeholders including our donors, volunteers, and clients. Assisting with various stages of campaigns and marketing projects, from idea generation to execution, you would be part of a highly engaged team working to expand our reach and spread our message. With your administrative support, you will increase our efficiencies, and support our efforts as we embark on an organizational expansion.
In collaboration with your supervisor, the Director of Communications, and in coordination with the Development department, you will have the opportunity to have significant influence on the lives of others by increasing engagement for our transformational social service programs. As our organizational capacity expands here at Ve’ahavta, our communications and development departments will also grow and expand, offering much opportunity for professional development, growth, and impact.
*a full job description is available upon request*
Job Type: Entry Level, Hybrid (2 days in office, 2 days remote)
Part-time (4 days a week)
Number of Hours: 30
We are seeking a growth-driven individual who is passionate about communications and making a difference. Applicants are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be a recipient of OW and reside in Toronto
- Excellent administration skills
- Marketing/Communications work experience
- Experience in photo or video editing is an asset
- Basic project management skills
- Highly creative and collaborative
- Tech savvy and eager to learn
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Very good attention to detail
- Task-oriented, able to multi-task
- Highly organized and driven
- Thrives in a lively, warm workplace environment
- If you are ready to embark on an adventure where every day brings new challenges and opportunities to transform lives, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the title "Administrative Assistant, Communications/Development" in the subject line.
- Eligible candidates will be contacted as applications come in, and the successful candidate will be chosen at the earliest opportunity. Don’t delay and send in your application today!
- We thank all interested applicants but can only respond to those selected for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org