Administrative Coordinator, People and Culture
Ve’ahavta is a registered non-profit social service organization based on the Jewish ethics of justice, kindness, and responsibility. At Ve’ahavta, we deliver programs that break down barriers, restore human dignity, foster capacity-building, and empower marginalized individuals to break the cycle of poverty and create real change in their lives. Further information can be found at www.veahavta.org
At Ve’ahavta, we value hard work, but we also value recognition, wellness, and taking care of each other. Above all, we provide a warm, inclusive, fun, and progressive place of work. Come join us!
“I want to express how lucky I feel to have the opportunity to work with the amazing team at Ve’ahavta. There is some really beautiful community care that happens there, and it feels incredible to be part of that important work.” – Ve’ahavta Employee
This role is central to the smooth operations of our human resources department, ensuring accountability of systems, policies and protocols through strong administrative processes and support. This role also plays a key role in the implementation of our social and culture initiatives, bringing our organizational values to life.
Reporting to the Director of People and Culture, you will be part of a progressive team leading the way in non-profit employment.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support new and current employees on their employee journey. Firstly, by supporting recruitment efforts aimed to attract new talent to complement our team. More specifically, you would do this by drafting job ads, and actively recruiting candidates through job sites and various social media platforms.
The administrative aspects of this role include scheduling meetings and interviews, correspondences with applicants and employees, creating and writing reports and presentations, as well as creating and maintaining all human resources related documentation.
By overseeing the onboarding process for new employees, you will ensure a warm welcome and an effective orientation period by scheduling training meetings, assisting with basic tech set up, and essentially being the “support hub” for our new team members.
As one of our culture champions, you will play a key role on the Social and Culture Club committee by attending meetings and contributing to new initiatives implemented in order to maintain our positive and engaging work environment. You will also help reinforce our winning culture by overseeing our Employee Recognition Program and incentive programs.
*a full job description is available upon request
*this is currently a remote position with potential for in-person office work in the future
*currently 3 days/week. Potential for full-time in July 2021.
We are seeking a system-oriented, tech savvy people-person who meets the following eligibility criteria:
QUALIFICATIONS/ REQUIRED SKILLS
- Post-secondary education in human resources administration or equivalent
- 2 years minimum of experience working in business and/or human resource administration (non-profit setting an asset)
- Demonstrates superb interpersonal skills
- Experience working with diverse groups
- Tech savvy and quickly learns new software programs and applications
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Self-starter with a proactive and ‘hands on’ approach to problem-solving and time management
- Highly developed organizational skills and experience in document and file management
- Ability to manage sensitive issues with patience, tact and diplomacy and uphold confidentiality
- Demonstrates good judgement, trust, and accountability
- Exhibits organizational values of respect, inclusivity, responsibility, and empathy
- Mission – driven, flexible, and passionate
- Salary: Full-Time Equivalent: $43,000-$46,000 (pro-rated for 3 days/week)
- Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to [email protected]
- We thank all interested applicants but can only respond to those invited for an interview.
- Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer that values equity, diversity, and inclusion. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Robyn.Segall@veahavta.org