Mizrahi One Bloor Project
As part of the Mizrahi One Bloor Project, this position is for a role in assisting the Project Superintendent and the M/E Project Manager in the management of M/E site activities of the project.
• Assist the Project Superintendent with overall on-site management, administrative and technical direction on the construction project site as it related to the assigned trades and project scope of work.
• Assist the Project Superintendent with day to day planning and supervision of the work of subcontractors and their subcontractors. This includes analyzing methods of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources and work schedules.
• Coordinate work of subcontractors, suppliers, and site activities
• Enforce company and project policies and ensure the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, schedule, and project quality standards.
• As it relates to the Scope of Work, take the lead on productivity issues and monitor work performance and efficiency of employees and Trade Contractors to ensure project plans and schedule are followed and the project is executed effectively and within budget.
• Supervise and coordinate field engineering and construction activities.
• Assist the Project Superintendent in the commissioning of the project.
• Maintain liaison with Project Manager and related Project Coordinator to ensure work
• complies with contract drawings and specifications and the project.
• Contribute to the development of a construction plan.
• Attend required construction meetings with owners, consultants and subtrades.
• Assist in resolving subcontractors construction problems such as site access and work interfaces, as required.
• Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences, or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts.
• Monitor subcontractors compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
• Ensure the assigned subcontractor complies with requirements relating to materials, quality, and testing and inspection of the work.
SERVICE / PERSONAL SKILLS:
• Outstanding customer service, communication and interpersonal skills for building and maintaining strong relationships with contractors, trades, various internal and external clients
• Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Extremely organized with strong analytical and investigative skills to be applied to different situations with attention to detail and thoroughness
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• A team player who can work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, able to cope with changing priorities with a high performing team
• Able to prioritize tasks, work under pressure, deal with complex teams and reporting structures
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, troubleshooting, problem-solving skills, strong math skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Foresight to predict problems before they develop.
• Sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals; ability to work in challenging, fast paced environment
• Ability to work collaboratively, self-motivated, with a positive attitude
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• 2+ years of “hands-on” experience in the capacity of M/E Field Coordinator or mechanical or electrical tradesman in hi-rise multifamily residential projects
• Experience with Microsoft Office (MS Word and Excel), Microsoft Project, and Procore is preferred
• Knowledge of building codes, contract law, construction material, design concepts, Provincial Safety Regulations, and local municipality requirements and regulations
• Knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, fire protection systems, and other mechanical systems, controls, electrical, fire alarm, and lighting
• Strong attention and Knowledge with analyzing site, building and suite plans, understands drawings and other technical drawings
• Knowledge of Tarion guidelines.
• Proven ability to achieve “building occupancy” with city officials.
• Eligible for or have attained CET designations
• University Degree or College Diploma in Engineering, architecture or Construction Management is required.
Please email resumes to [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit mizrahidevelopments.com .