NCSY and Torah High
Job Title: Assistant Controller/Financial Administrator
NCSY and Torah High, Canada’s premier national outreach and education organizations for Jewish youth, are currently seeking an experienced Full-time Assistant Controller/Financial Administrator. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining accurate and current accounting of transactions in QuickBooks, apply generally accepted accounting principles and financial administration of expenses and disbursements with a mindfulness to budget and cash flow management. This position reports to the CFO.
- Bi-monthly payroll supervision and management
- Annually prepare EHT return and T4 summary verification
- Maintenance and reporting of Group insurance and Pension plans
- Reconcile PayPal, and Petty Cash (US & CDN) management and ongoing campaigns
- Management of gift cards used by staff
- Credit card reconciliations and management
- Issue and allocate all disbursements to suppliers, expense reimbursements
- G/L allocation of expense reports into Quick books
- Bank and other account reconciliations
- Cash flow maintenance, management and banking transactions
- Monthly and weekly reporting as needed
- 5 years + of bookkeeping and financial management experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet regular weekly/monthly deadlines
- Excellent QuickBooks and Excel skills
- Knowledge of Payroll including ESA rules; maintenance of all payroll files
- Accounting experience working with a charity is an asset
- Experience supervising staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to work independently, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Professional designation an asset
- Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and note ASSISTANT CONTROLLER in the subject heading of your email. Please note this is a full-time position.
- We thank all who apply; however only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit ncsy.ca .