NCSY and Torah High
NCSY and Torah High, Canada’s premier national outreach and education organizations for Jewish youth, are currently seeking an experienced Part-time Bookkeeper for 2 days per week at the start. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining accurate and current accounting of transactions in Quick Books, consistent with generally accepted accounting principles. This position reports to the Financial & Office Administrator and starts immediately.
- Bi monthly payroll in Quick books entry
- Run QuickBooks reports for payroll bi monthly
- Annually prepare EHT return and T4 summary verification
- Annual T4 & T4 Summary preparation and reconciliation
- Monthly payroll remittances to CRA using TD Tax Payment and Filing Service
- Enter journal entries when required
- Reconcile PayPal, and Petty Cash
- Enter invoices/bills and pay bills in QuickBooks
- Issue, enter and allocate all disbursements to suppliers, expense reimbursements
- Enter and allocate expense reports into Quick books
- Create and print cheques when required
- Cash flow maintenance
- 3 to 5 years of bookkeeping experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet regular weekly/monthly deadlines
- Advanced QuickBooks and Excel skills
- Experience preparing Payroll in Quick books and maintenance of all payroll files
- Accounting experience working with a charity is an asset
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- works collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Salary range $15,000-$18,000 – Salary to commensurate with skills and experience
- To further explore opportunities with NCSY, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
- Deadline for submission is Friday February 19, 2021.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com