Chai Lifeline Canada
Bookkeeper – 20-25 Hours Per Week
Chai Lifeline Canada is looking for a dedicated and detail oriented Bookkeeper. The right candidate will have solid bookkeeping experience and familiarity with accounting software.The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, hard-working individual who is passionate about what they do.
For over 17 years, Chai Lifeline Canada has been providing services to children and families who are impacted by chronic or life-threatening illness. In this dynamic role, you will positively impact families as they navigate through difficult times and contribute to a more caring and connected community. At Chai Lifeline Canada, you will be part of a dynamic team that is dedicated to living our core values and leading with integrity and mutual respect. We provide care and love to families in need and, in doing so, we carry out our roles with empathy, dedication and humility.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for various client bookkeeping records using Quickbooks. Maintain monthly accounting records, including but not limited to entering bank transactions and reconciling bank accounts, investment accounts and preparing GST/HST returns
- Check and verify source documents such as invoices, receipts, etc.
- Maintain financial statements (trial balance, income statement, balance sheet)
- Organize and analyze account data and general financial reports
- Print and manage cheques
- Accounts Receivable and Payable
- Prepare month-end Financials
- Comply with relevant reporting requirements
- Assist with budget preparation
- Assist in audit and year-end preparation
- Maintain complete filing system to support financial records
- Assist management with ad hoc audit requests, reports, and process and special projects as assigned
- Maintain and update office filing with confidentiality
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Quickbooks, ProFile, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Experience using Procurifty would be advantageous
- Must be able to work independently, and as such, requires a responsible individual who can excel under minimal supervision.
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work based on area of need
- Skilled in communication (verbal and written), organization skills, time management, prioritization, and problem-solving skills;Process financial transactions in a timely and accurate manner
Why work for Chai?!
- Comprehensive benefits
- Generous vacation including all Jewish holidays
- Great culture - we’re always here to help each other out!
- Flexible working schedule
- Continuous education allowance
- Please note, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com