Bookkeeper position (Part-time or Full-time available) $20-23/hour depending on experience. Office is located beside Vaughan Mills (Rutherford and Jane).
An accounting firm is looking for a bookkeeper with 2-5 years experience. The right candidate should have solid communication, organizational and customer service skills. Demands for technology expertise vary by company but may include proficiency with such applications as Microsoft Excel or QuickBooks, Profile and Tax prep.
Strong telecommuting, work-from-home options, or additional availability during tax season.
Bookkeeper Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts, defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balance subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- AP and AR processing
- Bank reconciliation
- Payroll processing
- HST/GST Filling
- Account reconciliation to asset the accuracy of transactions
Relevant Skills and Knowledge:
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Understanding accounting best practices
- Knowledge of IFRS, U.S GAAP, or another accounting framework
- Data entry skills
- High attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Produce work with high level of accuracy
- Professionalism and organization skills
- Associates degree or at least one year of experience
- Knowledge of XERO, Quickbooks, Zoho, Fresh Books, or other applications
If you are interested in this position, please email [email protected]. Please note while we appreciate all applicants that have expressed interest, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit gmail.com.