As the Career Counsellor for all Ve’ahavta program clients, you will have the opportunity to guide individuals through the career development process, bringing them long-term self-sufficiency and stability. Reporting to the Manager of Training Programs, and working within a team of Case Managers and Program Coordinators, you will work collaboratively to provide top quality service with strong positive outcomes.
Through vocational and aptitude assessments, you will be able to help clients form career and educational goals, helping them to realize their potential and carve a path for their future.
Through one-on-one career counselling sessions, you will provide clients with coaching and direction which addresses their particular needs and barriers to employment. You will provide clients with a variety of resources, tools, and guidance necessary to achieve their academic and career goals.
In addition, by facilitating group career exploration workshops, you will bring together a community of peers supporting each other through the process. Workshop topics may include resume-writing, interview skills, job searching strategies, as well as job retention and work ethics.
By networking and collaborating with partner agencies, you will represent Ve’ahavta as a leading organization in the area of training and job readiness programming.
*a full job description is available upon request
*this is currently a remote position
We are seeking a values-driven individual who is passionate about issues relating to poverty, socio-economic equity, and employment, and meets the following eligibility criteria:
- undergraduate degree in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or a related field
- 3-5 years of demonstrated knowledge and practical/direct service experience working with marginalized populations and individuals with addiction/mental health issues, and conflict with the law
- Strong experience with:
- crisis intervention and
- group counselling/support services
- anti-oppression framework
- Coaching and mentorship
- Advocacy and networking
- Strong knowledge and understanding of:
- social service resources
- barriers to employment
- labour market trends
- resource development
- effective communication and relationship-buildin
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to Marni Herskovits, Director of Programs, [email protected]
- Please put “Career Counsellor” in subject line
- Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer that values equity, diversity, and inclusion. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com