Three Sisters Kitchen & Café (3SK Cafe)
Job Posting for Three Sisters Kitchen & Café (3SK Cafe)
We’re looking for a Chef/Cook to join our team A.S.A.P.
3SK Cafe is a small, vibrant kosher cafe and catering business, serving up gourmet prepared foods alongside specialty coffee and tea beverages. All of our food is made in-house by the owners, Amanda and Chanan. We’re a small team, in a small space, cooking up keto, vegan, gluten-free, and fantastically creative and delicious food. Our business is booming and we’re looking for a talented, positive cook to join our team A.S.A.P.
COVID Safety: Our cafe is open to the public to pick up food and place orders. We are considered an essential service and remain open for pick-up and deliveries during lockdowns. We require customers and staff to wear a mask at all times and follow strict sanitization protocols to keep everyone safe.
Location: 1054 Eglinton Avenue West, Toronto, Ontario.
The Chef/Cook Position
We’re looking for someone who is super enthusiastic about food and has a solid foundation for cooking and baking, especially in the realm of vegetarian, vegan, keto and gluten-free foods. If you match the key qualities and skills listed out below, we would LOVE to receive your application!
HOURS: 25-40 hours per week; Monday – Friday.
SCHEDULE: Exact schedule is flexible depending on your availability, but in general shifts will be sometime between 8am-6pm Monday – Thursday and 8am – 2pm Friday.
WAGE: Depends on your level of experience; starting at $15/h with room for increase
Why You Will Love Working with Us
- We’re a small, friendly team with bustling store, but laid-back vibe
- We’re supportive and want everyone to have room for creative expression and growth in their jobs
- We love music and play a variety of cool tunes every day (if you fear listening to the same music every day, you’ll appreciate this!)
- Your lunch is on us! If you’re working a shift that includes a full lunchbreak, you can grab something from our menu for lunch.
- Store discount
- Easy commute: we’re very close to Eglinton West station, Allen Rd, and Bathurst St.
- LOVES making many types of food (quiches, breads, salads, sandwiches, soups, yogurt, sauces, samosas, muffins, cookies, pastries, etc.)
- Strong basic knowledge of cooking and baking
- Different styles of cutting: slicing, mincing, julienne, dicing, etc.
- Different types of cooking: Roasting, caramelizing, slow-cooking, sautéing, braising, steaming, etc.
- Different types of desserts: pastry, bread, chocolate, candy, icing, cakes, cookies, crackers, etc.
- Is very proficient with kitchen equipment: food processor, stand mixer, blender, scale, mandolin, slow-cooker/one-pot, candy thermometer, stove, oven, etc.
- Can follow recipes precisely and adjust for flavour as needed for consistency
- FAST food prep and excels in a fast-paced environment, handling lots of orders
- Skillful multi-tasker and time-management (e.g., having multiple dishes on the go and timing their completion so they are ready to go out on time)
- Has a fantastic grasp of spicing and seasoning dishes
- Has a flair for presenting food aesthetically
- Comfortable working in a hot kitchen, tight spaces, and standing for 8-hours/day
- Keeps kitchen organized and clean, including hand-washing dishes
- Is comfortable working in a kosher/Jewish space and following kosher guidelines
- BONUS SKILLS/QUIALITIES: Food Handler Certificate, sabbath observer (which means you can turn on ovens in a kosher kitchen), formal culinary/pastry training, knowledge of kosher/vegan/keto/gluten-free food, positive energy, quick learner, adventurous palette, creative ideas for menus
- How to Apply
- APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF THEY DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS*
- Please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please tell us the coolest/best thing you ever cooked or baked AND include a picture of something you’ve made. Please include your availability (days and times you are typically available to work).
- If you seem like a nice fit for 3SK Cafe, we will contact you by phone to set up an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org