As the main support person for clients participating in Ve’ahavta’s training programs (Ve’ahavta Skills Academy and Building Foundations for Women), this role oversees the client experience from the point of program enrollment through to graduation, by providing in-class support, technical support, and general guidance through administrative and programmatic processes. In addition, this role includes the management of program related data and administration in order to ensure timely, accurate, and valuable reporting and records.
As part of the programs team, and reporting to the Manager of Training Programs, you will join a passionate group of change-makers, bringing training and peer support opportunities to individuals facing homelessness and socio-economic barriers.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support participants in the virtual classroom by providing them with technical support, helping them understand class content, and any other issues that may require general support while in class. At times, you will coordinate supplemental support by either directing participants to external resources, or by providing essential supplies to them from the Ve’ahavta warehouse.
You will be responsible for setting the tone by introducing workshops and facilitators, and facilitating occasional activities and group discussions. Along with the Case Manager for the program, you will observe and assess any behavioural challenges that arise, and assist with the reinforcement of program guidelines and expectations.
As the main administrator for the training programs department, you will maintain and develop the program files and relevant documents. As well you will maintain current data on the database, for the purpose of program evaluation, tracking client progress and data, and informing reports to funders.
By overseeing program logistics, including program launches and graduation ceremonies, you will ensure program milestones are met and celebrated, and that the impact of the program for clients is optimized through positive group dynamics, applied learning, and a culture of inclusivity, support, and empowerment.
*a full job description is available upon request
*this is currently a remote position
We are seeking a values-driven individual who is passionate about supporting others, and meets the following eligibility criteria:
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in social services/sciences, or its equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience working with marginalized and vulnerable populations (individuals facing socio-economic barriers including addiction/mental health issues)
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical experience regarding workshop facilitation, group management, adult education principles
- Experience working collectively with diverse clientele, colleagues, external stakeholders
- Tech savvy and quickly learns new software programs and applications
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems, G-Suite and Google Classroom is an asset
- Self-starter with a proactive and ‘hands on’ approach to problem-solving and time management
- Highly developed organizational skills and experience in document and file management
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to manage sensitive issues with patience, tact and diplomacy
- Mission – driven, flexible, and passionate
- Salary: $40,000 - $45,000
- Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to:
- Please put “Client Support and Administration Coordinator” in the subject line
- Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer that values equity, diversity, and inclusion. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com