Maxi Mind Learning’s
Maxi Mind Learning’s proven “Focus-Through-Fun” program, has helped over 1,000 children in the GTA overcome their ADHD, ASD and LD challenges, and lead happier and more successful lives. Children and their parents love it.
We are currently seeking coaches to guide each child through fun physical exercises along with specially engineered music and biofeedback computer games, that help strengthen connections in the brain. Each child will enjoy regularly scheduled, 50-minute sessions with you in your home 2-3 times weekly for several months. Candidates should have a minimum of five years working with children and a passion for making a difference in a child’s life. Training on our methodologies is provided.
- Set up and maintain a home therapy office where Maxi Mind children come to work with you – minimum room size should be 9’x10’
- Establish and maintain rapport with children, parents and the office
- Maintain a consistent schedule for after school and Sunday hours
- Maintain good and timely communication with office staff and clients.
- Maintain the good condition of electronic and exercise equipment
- Participate in training days approximately 3x per year
- Follow the safety and health policies and ensure the equipment is cleaned and sanitized between clients
- Home must be a no smoking environment
What You Will Be Doing:
- Participate in a comprehensive training program
- Conduct 50 minute sessions involving exercises, engineered listening and biofeedback-driven cognitive training
- Demonstrate the exercises for the child, as needed
- Observe and monitor the child’s progress
- Update the parents briefly on a regular basis
- Document your observations in session records
- A degree or diploma in education, health or a related field
- At least 5 years experience working with children
- Experience with ADHD, Autism, or Learning Disabilities is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Hours and Compensation
- Coaches need to reserve a fixed weekly schedule of between 12 and 24 hours
- Coaching schedule should ideally include after school (typically 4:30-8:30) and 4 hours on Sundays
- Starting at $25 per hour
- Coaches earn between $15,000 to $40,000 per year P/T
- You are hired as an Independent Contractor - no deductions, CPP or EI
To apply for this job please visit maximind.ca.