Part time: 10 hours per week
Hours: Flexible, spread over 3 days per week
Location: Toronto, but work can largely be done remotely
Makom: Creative Downtown Judaism is an inclusive community fusing Jewish tradition and progressive values through spirituality, learning and culture. Makom inspires diverse participants to explore together how Judaism can meaningfully enrich our lives.
Makom hosts spirited and participatory Shabbat and holiday services, meditation, adult education classes, and family programs. Makom Afterschool provides high-quality, pluralistic Jewish and Hebrew-language education in three neighbourhood public schools to students in Junior Kindergarten through Grade 5. In Makom ATID, Jewish pre-teens and teens discover the wisdom Judaism holds for their maturing minds and bodies in today’s world.
The Communications Coordinator will broaden and deepen Makom’s reach by strategically promoting the organization and its events.
- Strategic social media management
- Create a weekly newsletter of upcoming events
- Manage events calendar on WordPress-based website
- Create events on event-ticketing website
- Write content for event postings on social media, newsletter, website and event ticketing site
- Design simple, effective flyers to post online
- Occasionally attend events to take photographs for promotional use
- Report to the Managing Director
- $20 – $25 per hour, contingent on experience and qualifications
- Includes vacation pay, paid sick leave, and statutory holiday pay
- Goal-oriented, strategic thinker
- Experience in non-profits
- Extensive experience with social media, including understanding of organizational communications, monitoring and analytics
- Strong knowledge of marketing tools including Canva, MailChimp, Bit.ly and HootSuite
- Familiarity with WordPress-based websites
- Familiarity with event-ticketing programs like EventBrite and Guestli.st
- Strong familiarity with Jewish culture, traditions and holidays
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with excellent attention to detail and follow up
- Excellent written communication skills; ability to edit and proofread documents
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer-service orientation
The employee will use their own computer for this part-time position.
Application Process Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
- Application deadline: October 22, 2023
- Thank you for your application. Due to the high volume of applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to admin@makomTO.org