Position: Community Relations Manager – Immediate Opening
Office Location: 1416 Centre St. Unit 6, Thornhill, Ontario L4J 8A1
Job Type: Full time (not from home)
Compensation: commensurate with experience
Report to: senior director, social services
The JRCC is growing and looking to fill a Community Relations Manager position to manage and develop strategic collaborations, agencies outreach and communication, grant writing, volunteer coordination, and program evaluation for various social services programs. This position focus’s is mainly on the Furniture Depot (housing) and the Food Bank (food security) programs.
- Agencies development and coordination: manage communication with partner agencies; recruit new agencies; attend information sessions and networking events; solve problems and concerns for caseworkers and managers from partner agencies; orient new caseworkers from partner agencies; outreach and establish new partnerships with food banks, grocery stores, and other food sources; manage, plan, and promote programs on a variety of channels.
- Grant writing: search, identify and prepare relevant requests for grants and funders; articulate and write proposals for funding; keep track of deadlines and reporting (government and private funders); work collaboratively with other team members for grant writing and fundraising tasks.
- Program evaluation: plan and execute FD and Food Bank program evaluation plan; update tools and indicators; conduct needs assessments; gather and analyze food insecurity data from various sources (such as StatCan); supervise data collection; conduct analyzes and prepare reports for funders and management; take an active part in writing annual program evaluation reports.
- Client services and volunteer coordination: supervise client administration in the FD and Food Bank program; ensure client services are smooth and welcoming; communicate and collaborate with other team members in bookings, payments, orders, and so on; manage FD client’s website; recruit, manage, and assign tasks for volunteers in the Food Bank.
- Very high level of speaking, writing, reading English – a must
- Master’s degree in a relevant disciple – a must
- Hebrew / Russian – an asset
- Proven track of at least 5 years in successful partnership and collaboration skills – a must
- Proven track of at least 5 years in senior level communication – a must
- 3-5 years in grant writing – a must
- 3-5 years of program evaluation experience – a significant asset
- Excellent computer orientation – Office and databases – a must
- Expert level user in a statistical software (i.e. SPSS) – a significant asset
Please send your resume to: email@example.com Only relevant candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org