Macdonald Sager Manis LLP
Macdonald Sager Manis LLP is a “large” small firm of 25+ lawyers, which offers a friendly, pleasant, working environment. MSM LLP is presently recruiting for a Corporate Law Clerk with 4 + years’ experience to work one on one with a senior lawyer with a busy corporate/franchise law practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing transaction document for the purchase and sale of businesses (asset or shares).
- Preparing supporting documents for transactions including various corporate resolutions.
- Preparing documents for the filing of articles of incorporation (online), business style registrations, articles of amendment, articles of dissolution, and corporate documentation in support of the foregoing, including drafting share provisions.
- Conducting in-depth due diligence of corporate records and providing detailed report including recommendation for rectification of deficiencies.
- Managing minute books.
- Preparing and coordinating the delivery of franchise disclosure documents.
- Preparing and coordinating documents for execution by prospective franchisees.
- General office and administrative duties related to the foregoing.
The successful candidate must:
- Possess excellent communication (oral and written) skills;
- Possess excellent organization skills;
- Possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint), Adobe; company and client management systems; online corporate law software registration and database systems (preferably Corplink); and PC Law.
- Be personable including being able to work with clients, other professional lawyers;
- Familiarity with franchise laws would be an asset/be willing to learn.
- We offer group benefits and salary commensurate with experience. Please respond, in confidence to: Valerie Baldassare, Manager, HR by email: [email protected]. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries or agencies, please.
- We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all individuals. Should you require any accommodation during the application, interview or onboarding processes, please contact Human Resources.
To apply for this job please visit msmlaw.ca.