Sweets from the Earth
Customer Support Team Member – Front Desk / SFTE Bakery Outlet
About Our Company
Sweets from the Earth is a family run, vegan commercial bakery manufacturing a wide range of products for retailers and foodservice operations across Canada. For the fourth consecutive year, we have been named one of PROFIT 500 Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. As a proud plant-based manufacturer with an emphasis on organic and non-GMO ingredient sourcing, we boast a reduced-footprint operation compared to conventional food manufacturers. We are currently operating out of our third production facility in North Toronto that has excellent TTC access and have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join our organization as a Customer Support Team Member.
About The Role
The Customer Support Team supports the sales and operations group processing orders while helping customers gain a better understanding of our products. We are a customer driven organization catering to special diets and allergies while focusing on sustainable agriculture and the green food industry. The job is fast paced, involves a high degree of customer service and organizational skills, and is the best launching pad for a career in our company. You also get to take advantage of our free samples and employee discounts on all our wonderfully delicious products.
We operate in a team environment where everyone pitches in to get things done whether it be administrative, customer service, or generally making work a positive place.
Monday – Thursday and Sunday. 8:50am – 5:40pm ; Location North York (Keele & Steeles) location **Close to York University Subway Station**
The Customer Supper Team coordinates the front desk & retail store, special orders for end users, order processing for retailers and distributors, merchandising and promotions, and front office inventory control. Greeting all customers to Sweets from the Earth in a friendly, helpful manner and managing flow of traffic are key functions. On a typical day, you might:
- Field a high volume of incoming calls from various customer groups.
- Generate invoices using our proprietary web-based invoicing platform.
- Process retail purchases.
- Coordinate special orders for private clients and manage daily pickups.
- Monitor inventory of bakery outlet and coordinate product transfers from warehouse.
- Maintain knowledge of customer requests and purchasing trends while updating customer profiles.
- Impact sales through new product customer education programs.
- Educate retailers and consumers on SFTE products, unique selling points, ingredients, allergen controls, etc.
- Liaise between Production, Office Manager and customers to ensure broader customer expectations are met.
- Monitor and fulfill meal app orders.
- Participate in promotional marketing campaigns and other special projects as directed by Office Manager.
Who Are You
Ideally you are a recent graduate within the past 3 years from an applicable college or university program with work experience that demonstrates responsibility, a strong customer orientation and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You have superior written and verbal communication skills, strong PC skills in commonly used applications, and the ability to learn new systems and applications.
- Sweets from the Earth understands and values diversity within the workplace; we are pleased to be an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process. We would like to thank all applicants who apply, but only those selected will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org