Founded in 2009, Renewal Toronto is a charitable Jewish organization that saves people’s lives by helping people with chronic kidney disease find a living kidney donor. We also assist potential living kidney donors with all aspects of being a kidney donor, including medical testing, surgery, and recovery. We service the Jewish community of Toronto, and occasionally work with people elsewhere in Ontario and Montreal as well. We have been successful in our work, and the need for our services continues to grow rapidly.
Therefore, we wish to expand our ability to help people by hiring an Executive Director.
The Executive Director will be responsible for all day-to-day activities of the organization, and will report to the Board of Directors. To start with, this position will be a half-time position, but may grow into a full-time position within 1-2 years.
- Direct the day-to-day operations of the organization, including working closely with the staff of the organization, interacting with kidney patients and with potential kidney donors;
- Develop and implement outreach activities to increase awareness of living kidney donation and of Renewal in the Toronto Jewish community;
- Maintain and build relationships with important groups such as our alumni (previous living kidney donors), selected local hospitals and Renewal New York;
- Plan and implement ways to serve kidney patients in smaller Jewish communities in Ontario (e.g. – Ottawa, Hamilton and London) and in Montreal;
- Plan and execute fundraising activities
- You care about people and have a real desire to save the lives of people who suffer from a chronic and ultimately fatal medical condition
- You are outgoing and friendly, are able to establish rapport with people, and have experience with and enjoy working with a large range of people
- You have a high level of initiative to independently manage your own activities, the activities of the staff, and the direction of the organization
- You have a high energy level
- You are creative
- You can exercise an impeccably high level of discretion when dealing with people’s confidential medical and other personal information
- You are skilled with Microsoft Office software and with social media
- You are comfortable managing the organization’s activities in accordance with Jewish halacha
- Knowledge of Hebrew and/or Yiddish is an asset
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- To apply please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit renewal.org.