The Joe Dwek Ohr HaEmet Sephardic School
General Studies Elementary and Middle School Teachers
We are currently seeking the following teaching positions for the 2021/2022 school year:
- Part-time Middle School Math/Science Teacher (afternoon)
- Part-time Elementary School Teachers (morning/afternoon)
- Part-time Girls’ Gym Teacher (morning)
- Teaching Assistants for Grade 1
- Special Education Resource Teacher (ideally supporting both General/Jewish Studies)Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare course objectives, lesson plans and deliver the program of study, following the Ontario Ministry of Education curriculum guidelines
- Employ a wide variety of teaching techniques including the utilization of technology to enhance learning (SMARTboard, Google Classroom, etc.)
- Create and administer various types of assessments to evaluate students’ progress and allow students to demonstrate their knowledge in different ways
- Employ classroom management practices, establishing clear expectations to create an effective teaching and learning environment
- Collaborate with colleagues to best support students
- Communicate regularly with parents on student progress, capitalizing on the teacher-parent partnershipAbout Us: The Joe Dwek Ohr HaEmet Sephardic School (JDOHSS) is an Orthodox Jewish day school with a strong commitment to academic excellence and innovation in all facets of our programs.
Our rigorous and challenging General Studies program adheres to the standards set out by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
We are leaders in the field of Hinuch and education through our development and delivery of an exceptional individualized learning experience incorporating quality assessment, technology, differentiation, research and professional development.
We provide an environment which remains loyal and committed to Torah values and Sephardic lifestyle of previous generations. We embolden our students to succeed as members of both the Jewish Community and the global society at large.
Ideal Candidates: We are seeking knowledgeable and creative educators who possess the excellent interpersonal skills necessary to develop positive relationships with students, colleagues and parents. In today’s climate, it is imperative that candidates are caring individuals who are dedicated to the social, emotional and academic growth of their students. The ideal candidate has the ability to recognize individual learning styles and differentiate instruction accordingly. General Studies candidates must have an understanding and sensitivity towards Jewish values and religion. OCT certification (or a comparable certification from another jurisdiction) is required.
Please submit your resume to Joanna Fox, Principal of General Studies at [email protected]. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jdohss.org.