Position: Grant & Prospect Researcher – Immediate Opening
Office Location: 5987 Bathurst St, Toronto, M2R 1Z3
Job Type: Full time
Compensation: commensurate with experience
Report to: CEO
The JRCC is growing and looking to fill a Grant & Prospect Researcher position to conduct prospect research, identify and write grants and funding applications, and collaborate closely with other programs and departments. This position is strategically aligned with JRCC’s growth and planning for community work and outreach in the areas of education, social services, senior services, and community engagement.
Grant writing: search, identify and prepare relevant requests for grants and funders; articulate and write proposals for funding; follow up with foundations and funders after application submission; keep track of deadlines and reporting; ensure strategic goals and vision are incorporated in funding requests; prioritize grant application based on projects and deadlines; collect and analyze data from various sources to support requests; assist program managers in reporting; work collaboratively with other team members and various departments.
Prospect research: proactively identify high-level gift leads; prepare prospect reports for senior management; identify and conduct in-depth biographic research on major gift prospects; conduct asset-based research on individuals and prepare written confidential informational pieces and prospect profiles; maintain and update existing donor database; ensure research results are accurate and update Sales Force in a timely fashion; analyze and assess financial capacity, philanthropic tendencies, giving propensity and linkages to JRCC goals and mission; ensure best practices for soliciting methods are studied and reported to senior management; conduct work meetings with senior management to present potential profiles based on pre-defined demographics; adhere to the highest confidentiality.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline – a must
- Fluent English– a must
- Deep understanding of Jewish culture and traditions – a must
- Understanding of Chabad organizations – an asset
- 5-10 years of successful experience in grant writing – a must
5-10 years of successful experience in prospect research – an asset
- Excellent communication skills, time management, independent work, and teamwork
- Excellent computer orientation and knowledge: Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent accuracy, punctuality, and confidentiality
- Please send your resume to: [email protected]
- Only relevant candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com