Website Beth Tikvah Synagogue
Beth Tikvah Synagogue – Head of Communications
This position is 80% remote, with certain weeks requiring more or less on-site presence.
To oversee the preparation of the Synagogues publication, marketing, video and graphical creation, social media and overall communications initiatives, strategies, and programs, on behalf of the Synagogue, including:
- Plan, design and publish the Synagogue’s marketing vehicles, including the daily email, weekly Shabbat email (Ma Nishma), weekly physical Shabbat (Ma Nishma) booklet, quarterly membership Newsletter (Hakol), Annual Calendar, Program Guide, Yizkor Book, Holiday booklets, pamphlets, flyers, social media, and video content
- Update and maintain the Beth Tikvah Shulcloud website, including CRM management
- Have a working knowledge of using HTML code (required for using Shulcloud)
- Create and edit all graphical and video content from the Synagogue
- Assist with the creation and execution of internal communication plans (e.g., for special events such as holiday celebrations, the launch of a new fundraising initiative) as necessary
- Prepare advertising for traditional and digital media platforms
- Manage the development and maintenance of the synagogue’s social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (2 channels), YouTube, and SoundCloud
- Coordinate e-mail outreach to the Synagogue’s membership
- Coordinate and update all efforts related and required for CASL
- Evaluate marketing analytics and adjust marketing outreach for publications, social media, and the website
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the Synagogue’s media and other external advertising strategy in a cost-effective manner
- Assist lay leaders and volunteers in the preparation and placement of advertising in media outlets in accordance with the advertising strategy
- Attend meetings of the Synagogue’s marketing committee as requested from time to time
- Attend in-house, online, and off-site continuing education programs
- Work with the Synagogue’s staff, and other lay leadership to development annual marketing strategy focused on program and membership outreach
- Work with various Chairs of Committees to ensure and promote the Committees programs
- Moderate and run all online programming over various platforms (ei. Zoom)
- Oversee all aspects of the preparation and production of communication to the community, including press releases, advertising, and promotional materials.
- Promote a favourable image of the synagogue in the Jewish community, the general community, and the press.
- Must be proficient in graphic and video editing software including Adobe InDesign,
Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Zoom
- Ability to work independently in a small-staff, fast-paced
- Sound judgment – ability to manage priorities and make good
- Stay current of Synagogue trends in technology and social
- Attend events, programs, and functions as
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Strong computer skills, and creative thinker.
- Technically strong in working with HTML code, CRM management and Shulcloud
- Self-directed, works independently with minimal
- Able to develop a strong and positive working relationship with multiple parties including staff and Board, members, and
- Strong working knowledge of best practices in contemporary communication strategies.
This is a unique professional opportunity for an individual interested in playing a key role in driving one of the largest Conservative synagogues in Toronto forward for the next generation.
- If you are interested in this role, please submit your resume to Doris Alter, Executive Director at [email protected] no later than November 15, 2021. To learn more about our congregation, please visit bethtikvahtoronto.org.
- Beth Tikvah Synagogue values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial Human Rights Code through all stages of the recruitment process. Please advise of your accessibility needs, such that they may be accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
To apply for this job please visit bethtikvahtoronto.org .