The Leo Baeck Day School
Information Technology Manager
The Leo Baeck Day School is currently seeking an Information Technology Manager. The IT Manager oversees all information and communication technology and services, functions, server and client management, as well as budgeting and staffing needs. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with technical skills are essential to providing a “white-glove” level of support to all faculty, staff, and students. The ideal candidate will prioritize supporting teachers’ implementation of educational technology to facilitate 21st century learning.
- Serve as Network Administrator, Database Administrator, Support Desk, and Trainer.
- Supervise, observe, and evaluate the full-time technology staff and project-specific contract workers.
- Provide leadership for short- and long-range strategic planning for all technology initiatives: vision, goals, program objectives/strategies/activities, infrastructure, staffing, training, evaluation, budgeting, and collaboration with others.
- Manage a mixed network of macOS, Windows, and Linux clients and servers.
- Develop and maintain database systems (Claris Filemaker)
- Configure and deploy workstations.
- Manage purchasing and budgeting for IT Department.
- Lead technical training for groups of users, both students and staff.
- Accurately record and track hardware assets for inventory management purposes.
- Front-line help desk support.
- Experience managing human and technological resources
- A strong ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to perform efficiently with little or no supervision.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail.
- Experience effectively training a large staff with a wide range of skill levels
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
While not required, assets include:
- Experience administering macOS, Windows and Linux servers
- Experience with the following technologies and software: Aruba Wireless, SmartBoards and Smart Notebook, Toddle LMS, ManageBac LMS, Munki and AutoPKG, Google Workspace, Mobile Device Management (MDM), Mosyle Manager, Microsoft Dynamics Nav, IIS, MS SQL,NET, Avaya phone systems
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Ten years of work experience in technology.
- Three years management experience.
- Must be technically strong in macOS and iOS software and hardware.
- Three years development experience in Claris Filemaker.
- Interested candidates should send their resume with covering letter to [email protected]baeck.ca
- The Leo Baeck Day School values a diverse workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
- PLEASE NOTE: We thank you for your application. Due to the volume of applicants, only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org