Website Lighthouse Credit Union
Lighthouse Credit Union is a new financial institution in Toronto, with aspirations of becoming the bank that services the Jewish Community.
We are looking to hire a both Senior Accountant and a Junior Accountant to join our team.
Senior Accountant Role:
- Backup for the day-to-day functions of the Bookkeeper
- Review bank reconciliation to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Review trial balance a week before the month end and:
- Investigate any unusual items.
- Make adjusting entries in our banking system where applicable.
- Ensure that all reoccurring journal entries are posted at the beginning of the month.
- Prepare the monthly financial statement to the CFO / CEO to review 7 days after the month end.
- Assist the CFO in maintaining various working papers both for the audit and through out the year.
- Assist with monthly financial reporting.
Junior Accountant Role:
- Make journal entries daily and ensure bookkeeping is kept up-to-date
- Perform a monthly bank reconciliation.
- Manage and make payments for company invoices.
- Collect funds into bank for payments/investments sent to us.
- Work with Senior Accountant on special projects and reports that are needed.
We are a small team of highly dedicated, friendly, team-players. We all work together and assist each other wherever needed. As our company continues to grow, there will constantly be new projects that come your way. Both positions come with lots of opportunity and the potential for growth.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Accountant role will have at least a few years of experience in an accounting background.
The ideal candidate for the Junior Accountant role will have at least some work experience in an accounting or bookkeeping background.
If you are interested in either position, or would like to find out more, please forward your resume or questions to: [email protected]
We look forward to having you apply!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org