MANAGER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Are you someone who is driven and wants to make an impact on the world?
This is a leadership opportunity for someone who wants to use their strategic business skills to be part of a passionate team transforming lives.
As a member of the management team and reporting to the Director of Community Mobilization, you will be responsible for developing business/corporate relationships and strategic partnerships for Ve’ahavta across three portfolios: employment placements, catering sales, and donations of supplies. With your engaging personality and self-driven nature, you will be instrumental in the success and expansion of Ve’ahavta’s transformational social service programs.
In this leadership role, you will have the opportunity to make a tremendous impact in three key areas of your portfolio, as described below.
Employment Placements: Ve’ahavta is currently expanding our services to include job placements for our program graduates. As part of the team that will get this initiative off the ground, you will identify, build, and maintain relationships with employers willing to provide job placements for our program graduates. As the liaison between employers and Ve’ahavta, you will offer support and guidance throughout the process and ensure the partnership is effective and positive for all parties.
Catering Sales: Ve’ahavta’s Recipe for Success program has historically functioned to provide delicious and wholesome food to individuals facing homelessness, while also providing culinary training in our state of the art commercial kitchen to individuals facing barriers to employment. The tremendous success of this program has now led to further expansion in the form of a catering social enterprise. As part of the expansion team, you will identify potential catering customers, build, and maintain those relationships, and function as a liaison between the customers and the program staff to ensure a high standard of quality service and customer satisfaction.
Corporate Suppliers: Ve’ahavta’s mobile outreach van program serves individuals facing poverty and homelessness in the Toronto and Scarborough area, providing food, clothing, hygiene, and harm reduction supplies, as well as community supports and referrals. The majority of our supplies are secured through the generosity of community and corporate donors. As our procurement lead, you will secure these much needed supplies through community and corporate partners.
Currently, this role will supervise one program coordinator, however, as the organization moves through planned stages of expansion, your team will expand as well. In addition to your supervision duties, you will be responsible for tracking and reporting on targets and outcomes to ensure we are meeting the organization’s objectives and goals, and performing at Ve’ahavta’s usual standard of excellence.
Does this sound like the opportunity of a lifetime? That’s because it is. Do not delay, apply today!
We are seeking a self-driven individual who is an energetic, strategic, and savvy people- person, who wants to direct their efforts to a meaningful cause.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- 3-5 years of previous experience in sales, management, fundraising, business administration, or related field
- Superb interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Impeccable communication and presentation skills
- Persuasiveness, confidence, resourcefulness, and strong community and business knowledge
- Experience working in a vocational/employment initiative with high-barrier individuals is an asset
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability and desire to mentor/coach/train
- Sensitivity required to work with a vulnerable population
- Professional manner, polish, and demonstrated leadership skills
- Highly tech-oriented, experience maintaining and reporting data through a CRM database
Additional Comments:*a full job description is available upon request *this is a hybrid position
- To apply for this role, please complete the pre-screening form below:
- Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer that values equity, diversity, and inclusion. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit forms.monday.com.