The Toronto Heschel School
The Toronto Heschel School seeks a suitable candidate for the position of:
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
(Parental Leave position – effective April 6, 2021)
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for implementing strategies related to marketing and promoting the school both internally and externally. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator works alongside the Director of Admissions and the Director of Development to help increase enrollment, to build and nurture our community, and communicate the mission of the school. This is an ideal position for a collaborative, self motivated, team player who cares about innovative Jewish education and wants people to learn more about The Toronto Heschel School.
- Develop and implement communications strategies with The Toronto Heschel School’s key stakeholders (students, parents, staff, board,grandparents, prospective families, community supporters)
- Achieve brand consistency and coordinate messaging.
- Help to develop marketing strategies, objectives and targets, as well as analyze the success of marketing campaigns and advertisements.
- Manage creation, production and dissemination of newsletters, life-cycle announcements, and other communications with parents, staff, alumni, grandparents and other stakeholders.
- Manage creation and selection of photography for print and electronic communication.
- Create and coordinate advertising schedules and maintain ongoing relationships with graphic designers.
- Collaboratively manage and coordinate creation and update of web content
- Work collaboratively with school staff, Board members and external web support team to ensure ongoing improvement of website, including SEO optimization, phased updates and redesigns.
- Provide organization-wide e-communications support.
- Manage MailChimp communications database.
- Manage WordPress website
- Increase social media presence on established and new social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Assist with the creation of the Yearbook alongside the student council Yearbook Committee.
- Organize after school programs, which involves interviewing instructors, verifying credentials, organizing locations within the school, creating, and publicizing the schedule for each term, facilitating the receipt of forms and invoices, and being the point of contact for any parents with questions.
- Manage online forms, such as gym uniforms and updating when necessary.
- Work alongside the Leadership Team to develop the printed calendar. This involves retrieving all dates from senior administration and Hebrew times from proofreading drafts, determining how many calendars to order based on our marketing and admissions needs, selecting the images for use in the calendar, and finding sponsors/advertisers.
- Undergraduate Degree and experience related to Marketing and Communications.
- Familiarity with database software, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Video Editing software (e.g. iMovie), WordPress, and MailChimp.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and demands efficiently and effectively.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Positive attitude and flexibility with taking on additional tasks.
- Familiarity with Jewish education and the Ontario Curriculum is an asset.
- Hebrew language skills are an asset.
- Ability to work after regular hours to communicate timely and urgent matters.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org