The Toronto Heschel School
Do you have a knack for telling stories? Are you a passionate and creative communicator?
Our community-based Jewish organization with multiple stakeholder audiences needs you!
The role of Marketing and Communications Coordinator at The Toronto Heschel School is open and we are looking for a dynamic and motivated professional to join our team.
- A community-based Jewish day school offering Preschool through Grade 8
- Dedicated to an open and collaborative work environment
- Committed to building a strong and vibrant stakeholder community
- Committed to ongoing support and professional development for our teams
- Passionate about leading with Jewish values
- A passionate and creative communicator with a love of storytelling
- Dedicated to creating inspiring and impactful written and graphic communications
- Fluent in spoken and written English, with some ability to read and write in Hebrew
- Committed to sharing our stories through a Jewish lens
- Aware of and knowledgeable about Jewish traditions and customs, and the Jewish calendar
- A self-starter who takes initiative
- A flexible and collaborative team player
- Adept at managing competing priorities
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for implementing strategies related to marketing and promoting the school both internally and externally. The person in this role works alongside the Director of Development & Community Engagement and the Director of Admissions & Marketing to help increase enrollment, to build and nurture our community, and communicate the mission of the school.
This is a full-time role requiring work in person, on site. You will:
- Work with the Development and Marketing teams to communicate with all stakeholders
- Share our stories each day by creating and posting relevant online content for social media such as Instagram reels, stories and feed posts, and other channels
- Take photos and short videos at events and activities and edit for distribution
- Effectively organize and manage digital assets
- Create content for and manage our website
- Write, create and distribute email marketing, event materials and in-house documents
- Create promotional flyers and advertisements.
- Produce content for weekly and monthly newsletters, blogs, and other periodic publications
- Proofread, edit and format others’ communications to ensure brand consistency across all platforms and throughout the organization
- Respond to requests for communications support from within the organization and prioritize and manage the resulting workflow
- Assist with the creation of the Yearbook alongside the student council Yearbook Committee.
- Work to develop all aspects of the printed calendar.
- Proven writing, editing and proofreading skills in English
- Knowledge of and ability to work in a Microsoft environment, using Office 365
- Knowledge of Hebrew language to edit and proofread an asset
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively
- Experience taking photos and videos, and using editing software
- Experience using email marketing systems such as Constant Contact and/or Mailchimp
- Experience using Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or other graphics software
- Experience creating and editing website content using WordPress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- We offer a competitive remuneration package including an employer-paid benefits plan and a generous vacation allocation.
- If this role sounds interesting and challenging – and you are up for the challenge - let’s connect!
- Interested candidates please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected to move forward in the process will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com