Marketing and Communications Director
Netivot HaTorah, a dynamic Modern Orthodox Day School in the GTA, committed to delivering an outstanding Jewish and General studies education from Pre-Nursery to Grade 8, is looking for a Marketing and Communications Director.
The successful candidate will be part of the Educational Leadership Team.
- The Communications Director has intimate knowledge of the school’s philosophy, goals, mission, curriculum, and advantages as Toronto’s only mission driven Modern Orthodox school
- A key responsibility of the Director is formulating, planning and executing a communications/branding campaign for the school curriculum/pedagogy and core values (Torah, Israel and Derech Eretz). The goal is to affirm our unique school identity within our internal community as well as to represent and communicate our innovative program externally.
- The Director leads key projects to improve communications with our parent community, the faculty, as well as potential and incoming families, and should be aligned with the vision they have developed
- Works collaboratively with the Development and Admissions departments to advance their work in connecting to new families and our donor community.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Own the school’s communications calendar and creative style guide.
- Oversee all media, publicity, and marketing efforts for the school.
- Oversee the content and layout of the school’s website.
- Work closely with Faculty and Administrators to know what’s happening around the school and maintain a strategic presence for Netivot on all social media channels.
- Manage all aspects (writing, editing, collection of content, production oversight) of the weekly Netivon newsletter, Head of School emails, and special publications
- Partner with teachers on classroom/teacher communications to families.
- Work with other Administrators to manage school communications
- Conceive, write and produce marketing materials and manage all print, digital, broadcast, and outdoor marketing.
- Working with the Head of School to prepare content and presentation materials for parent meetings, town-hall meetings and external events.
- Develop and maintain the school archive of news items and digital images for use online, in print, and on campus.
- Participate in the Crisis Communications Team, writing, developing, updating and maintaining and implementing as needed, procedures and protocol for communicating with families during a crisis.
- Attend and staff key school functions, providing photography and writing and posting any news copy and social media coverage of the event.
- Serve as a member of the Educational Leadership Team. Bring a strong voice to the Educational Leadership Team to ensure that program decisions are integrated with the school’s communication strategy.
- Ensures personal professional development and attends professional conferences and meetings
- Hard skills:
- Oral & written communication
- Social media content & community management (Facebook, Instagram)
- Design management
- Brand strategy & content planning
- Soft skills:
- Interpersonal communications, teamwork & relationship building
- Understands what will resonate with the audience
- Planning ahead; attention to detail
- Approachable & kid-friendly
- Modern Orthodox community
- Professional background in education background is a plus
Please submit a CV and cover letter to the Rabbi Dr. Rafi Cashman, the Head of School, at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com