ASSOCIATED HEBREW SCHOOLS OF TORONTO
ASSOCIATED HEBREW SCHOOLS OF TORONTO– RECEPTIONIST AND FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT
Associated Hebrew Schools of Toronto is a warm and vibrant school representing the diverse Toronto Jewish Community. We are rooted in Jewish traditions, yet our teaching methods are anything but traditional. At AHS, we foster a lifelong love of learning while teaching our students to be ethical, knowledgeable and engaged citizens.
AHS faculty work collaboratively in our commitment to educational excellence and innovation in both General and Judaic studies, and to instill a love of Torah, Israel and the Hebrew language.
We are seeking a Receptionist and Front Office Assistant
Receptionist and Front Office Assistant Job purpose
The Receptionist and Front Office Assistant serves a variety of functions and interacts with a range of people across the school. Working collaboratively with the Principal, the school’s leadership team and staff, this role is integral to the smooth and successful operation of the school.
The following outline of the duties, skills and responsibilities may be reviewed on a regular basis. In addition to those outlined below, other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Handle visitor inquiries and direct them to the appropriate person according to their needs
- Manage the front office voicemail
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Publisher, etc.), Google Drive, Gmail
- Ability to quickly adapt to internal computer databases and the school’s LMS
- Take phone calls and direct inquiries to appropriate people
- Assist students according to their needs
- Recording attendance and absences; making phone calls to parents as appropriate
- Booking supply teachers and on-calls in instances of teacher absences
- Purchasing: i.e., supplies for staff, students and events
- Busing – communication between bus company and families
- Ensure that the front office of the school operates in a consistently organized manner
- Provide clerical and administrative support as directed
- Ability to multitask in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Perform general office duties on a daily basis
Working conditions There may be occasions when it will be necessary to work from home, stay later, or return to work during the evening or weekend for special events.
- Hours of Work: 7:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Start Date: ASAP
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org