Yachad is the only international, non-profit organization dedicated to providing inclusive social, recreational and life-skills programs for Jewish people with Special Needs.
Yachad Toronto is expanding and hiring!
start date: September 5.
- Part time, experienced, recreational program coordinator including some Administrative Assistant duties: (6-10 hours per week)
We are looking to hire someone to supervise our Jewish Teen Inclusion programs including Jewish Holiday programs. Working under the direction and support of the Director of Yachad Toronto, the part time Program Coordinator will help implement social and recreational programs that support teens with special needs.
Programs include 1 in person program for teens (Thursdays: 5:00-7:00 p.m.), working at 1 in person Adult Social Hub program, and an occasional Sunday program (2-6:30 p.m.)
Our programs are based in North York.
Must have experience working with people living with special needs.
A background as a social worker or behaviour therapist is an asset.
Must be able to commit to working from September 2023 through June 2024.
- Supervising our Jewish Teen Inclusion program, including managing the staff who support the program.
- Responsible for social media (take pictures and short videos at programs) and posting to Instagram and enhance our presence on social media.
- Create weekly newsletter.
- Communicate with parents when necessary.
Salary: $25-$35/hour, based on experience and education.
- Great work environment
- Team players
- Casual dress
- Dependable, reliable, and passionate about working with the special needs community.
- Ability to build rapport with participants.
- Good oral and written skills
- Organized, detail oriented, and creative.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to multitask and have a calm demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
Please send your resume and how you think you can contribute to Yachad Toronto to Devorah Marmer: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org