Camp Ramah in Canada
Camp Ramah in Canada is a non-profit residential summer camp affiliated with the Conservative Jewish Movement. Camp Ramah in Canada is located on Skeleton Lake in the Muskoka region near Huntsville, Ontario.
The camp is seeking an RN to work in the camp infirmary.
Camp Nursing is a rewarding opportunity to care for others in a non-traditional setting. Working in a camp environment provides a fun, challenging experience and opportunities for growth and leadership in a camp community.
Camper population: 375 – 425 campers ages 8 – 16, plus 150 staff members.
This is a summer position that offers two week blocks during these dates: June 15– August 19, 2021.
Preference for nurses who can work more than one block in a row.
Due to the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic we are working to safely open our summer camp. We are an Ontario Accredited Camp(OCA) and are working closely with the OCA, other partner agencies and our team of medical professionals to open. We are working on our policies and procedures for this summer.
Accommodations (private room) and meals are provided (dining hall setting)
The infirmary team includes a rotating Doctor, 2-4 Full time Nurses and a Clinical Assistant.
The RN will be responsible for the administration of health and safety needs of the campers and staff. The applicant should be flexible and able to adapt to different environments and schedules. They should be responsible, hard-working with a good bedside manner appropriate to the youth setting (friendly and personable). Strong assessment abilities will be considered. Prior experience with children is an asset.
- General assessment and evaluation of unwell patients to provide first aid to emergency care
- Triaging and assessment of campers and staff for any COVID-19 symptoms
- Dispensing medication and on-line medical record keeping
- Communicating with parents in a professional and timely manner
- Communicating specific camper health needs (allergies, special diets) to staff
- General Cleaning
Be the parent away from home
- Certifications required: Registered Nurse with a current College of Nurses of Ontario certificate and Standard First Aid Course
- Personal Skills: responsible, flexible, hard-working with a good bedside manner, friendly and personable
- Police Check: proof of a clean record required
- Interested applicants please forward a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
- Please submit your application by April 30th 2021.
- Thank you for your interest; only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org