Eitz Chaim Girls School
Eitz Chaim Girls School is looking for a full-time School Counselor. This is a parental leave position.The School Counselor will work with students from Early Childhood to Grade 8. The School Counselor position is a hands-on working position to address the academic, behavioural, social and emotional needs of students. The primary focus of this role is to work with students and support their behavioural needs at school.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting students’ mental health and well-being.
- Providing support for individuals or groups of students through the creation and implementation of behaviour plans, growth plans and safety plans.
- Implement intervention plans for (but are not limited to): anxiety, home-life challenges, anger and stress management, self-care strategies, social skills training, conflict resolution and character education.
- Working closely with students to provide effective strategies to handle their specific difficulties (e.g. lagging skills, discipline).
- Collaborating and liaising closely with administration, teachers, support staff, parents, and outside professionals.
- Facilitating meetings with small groups of students.
- Implementing school initiatives that promote Mental Health Awareness and Student Well-Being (Mental Health workshops, conferences, seminars on Mindfulness, Stress Management, Social Skills Development, Resiliency, helping students with strategies to internalize success).
- Providing Professional Development for teachers and sharing workshops regarding supporting parents.
- BSW, MSW or M.ED (School Counseling) and registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of child and adolescent development coupled with experience working with students with behaviours consistent with a diagnosis of ADHD, anxiety and depression and ODD.
- The ability to collaborative problem solve.
- Individual, family and group counselling experience that address social and emotional issues.
- Working knowledge of a variety of counseling approaches and community resources.
- Ability to be a team player and work with a Special Education/Behaviour/ Clinical Team.
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills.
- Candidates who possess the above mentioned qualifications and skills should forward their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org