The Inside Scoop
Senior Ice Cream Counter Attendant
Energetic, dynamic, food loving, smart, customer service focused individual wanted for a busy ice cream shop. The Senior Ice Cream Counter Attendant is required to manage the overall operations of the store in the absence of the owner, and supervise and direct junior staff.
Employment starts immediately and is full-time until Labour Day, with the potential to move to part-time (12 hours per week) until the end of February.
Evening, weekend and stat holiday availability required. Closing shifts can extend into the late evenings, please consider your commute. At the current time, our store is only providing pick-up and delivery so there will be less customer interaction, but once the Province reduces restrictions, we will move to a more normal model.
Responsibilities and duties:
This role will involve the day-to-day running of the shop, stock management, staff management, exceptional customer service.
Other duties include:
- Ice cream scooping, food preparation, dessert making
- Customer service
- Handle multiple customers and multitask
- Work with a sense of urgency and have stamina
- Uphold quality and help maintain food standards
- Document inventory levels
- Lift up to 10 kg
- Handle cash and POS
- Maintenance of shop cleanliness
- Restock front freezers
- Responsible for closing procedures
- Willing and able to work various shifts, late nights, weekends, and stat holidays
- Able to stand for long periods
- Trustworthy, fun and dynamic
- Independently motivated and have an eye for detail and realize that every detail matters
- Able to function in a fast-paced environment, being aware of everything going on in the environment
- MUST be friendly, value exceptional customer service (YOU MUST LIKE PEOPLE)
- Experience in the food and hospitality industry is desirable
- Knowledge of kosher dietary laws is an asset
- For consideration, please email a SHORT letter of intent with resumé to [email protected]
- Only people who have been strictly adhering to COVID-19 protocols need apply.
To apply for this job please visit gmail.com.