Website Shmuel Zahavy Cheder Chabad
Boys Elementary School, Thornhill, seeking General Studies Coordinator for the 2021-22 school year.
Permanent Part-time hours (approx. 15 hours/week).
We are seeking a thoughtful, dedicated educator to join our administrative team. The General Studies (GS) Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director and Limudei Kodesh Principal, and aspires to mentor the general studies teachers, oversee the curriculum, and build connections with students, parents and faculty. The ideal candidate would be a caring individual who is understanding of and sensitive to Jewish values. This position reports directly to the Limudei Kodesh Principal.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Review, assess and refine the current GS curriculum
- Advise on development of lessons–tailored to meet a range of student proficiency and understanding
- Develop future goals and action plans, based on related proficiencies.
- Observe and mentor teachers
- Assist teachers with instructional techniques and practices
- Recruit and hire new staff as necessary
- Hire supply teachers as necessary
- Assess new students to the GS program
- Review and direct student progress reports and report cards
- Supervise students as needed
- Books and supplies
- Assess current educations tools and source new materials as needed
- Manage inventory of text books, supplies, student rentals, workbooks, etc.
- Projects and Programs
- Develop special projects and educational programs to enhance and excite learning
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Education with teacher college certification or equivalent
- OCT qualification a plus
- Familiarity with the Ontario Ministry of Education Curriculum
- Familiarity with current technology and assessment methods
- Knowledge of current thought and practice in child development
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to liaise with students, parents, and faculty with ease and sincerity
- Decision-making style that balances input, collaboration, and is able to handle difficult conversations with directness and kindness
- Knowledgeable about best practices in teaching and learning
We are a private boys’ school offering a dual curriculum, and are committed to instilling Torah values and Chassidishe lifestyle in our students. GS Coordinator understands these values and supports furthering our school’s mission and goals. Interested applicants please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com