Eitz Chaim Schools (Girls Division)
Eitz Chaim Schools (Girls Division), an Orthodox Jewish Day School for girls, is seeking applicants for the following position beginning in the 2021-2022 school year:
Special Education Coordinator
Management and oversight of the Special Education Department, including but not limited to:
- Establish and communicate a vision and strategy to best serve students with diverse needs
- Create and implement procedures for the evaluation, placement, and assessment of students with special needs
- Review, analyze and implement recommendations of psychoeducational reports and assessments
- Summarize psychoeducational assessments for incoming students as well as new or updated ones for current students
- Oversee the school’s Individualized Learning Program, which involves maintaining and updating individual educational plans
- Write, develop, update and examine Growth Plans and IEPs and ensure the plan captures the assessments and student needs
- Examine the needs of the students and school and make suggestions for instructional techniques and practices, generating strategies that include the coordination of resources and support. This includes resource and enrichment support.
- Participate, lead, and assist to coordinate PD for teachers in the Special Education department
- Conducting observations and reporting to teachers, parents and administration
- Report on students’ needs and progress to parents, teachers and administrators
- Lead and participate in Students of Concern Meetings – follow up with email, phone calls to parents, email teachers and support them in intervention
- Coordinate and implement accommodations and modifications for testing and exams
- Work closely with our Behaviour Team to assist in the implementation of support of children with exceptionalities
- Coordinate and lead the annual review meetings for all students on Special Education caseload
- Communicate with professionals in the community (psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers) re: student needs
- Assist with the intake process of students
- Read report cards for students with IEPs and make suggestions and corrections
- Mentor and coach Special Education Resource Teachers
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Education with Ontario College of Teachers certification or equivalent
- Additional Qualifications in Special Education or Working Learning Disabilities
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience serving the differentiated learning needs of students
- A track record that demonstrates exceptional analytical skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to think critically about issues and solutions.
- A deep understanding of suitable pedagogies with relevance to various learning styles and developmental ages
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build meaningful relationships
- Professionalism, flexibility, excellent communication skills
- Experience collaborating with other teachers, support staff, parents, and administration
- To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
- We thank applicants for their interest but please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org