Netivot HaTorah Day School
Netivot HaTorah, is a dynamic Modern Orthodox day school committed to delivering an outstanding Jewish and General studies education from Pre-Nursery to Grade 8. We are looking for a Male Grades 1-8 Phys. Ed. Teacher who will work together with a dedicated team of faculty and administrators to guide, support and inspire students, teachers and parents.
The candidate should be passionate about education, love working with children, be prepared to model and promote spiritual, academic, and social/emotional growth, a team player, a great communicator, and ready to make a difference. We have an outstanding faculty, and are looking for a talented new partner.
The Phys. Ed. Teacher will report to the Principal.
The successful candidate for the position of Phys. Ed. Teacher will:
● Embrace the mission, vision and community of Netivot HaTorah;
● Create lessons and curricula tailored to meet a range of student interests and plan further action based on related proficiencies
● Provide opportunities for students to participate in the Jewish Day School Sports League (JDSSL) teams and tournaments by organizing and coaching teams, arranging practices and chairing at least one JDSSL sporting event
Netivot HaTorah seeks a Phys. Ed. Teacher who:
● Bachelors or Masters degree in Education with teacher college certification or equivalent
● OCT qualified
● Intermediate certification an asset
● Familiarity with the Ontario Ministry of Education Curriculum
● Familiarity with current technology and assessment methods
● Knowledge of current thought and practice in child development
○ Is a responsive, articulate, and adept communicator, while also being an effective listener;
○ Enjoys being a member of a school community who connects with students, parents, and faculty with ease and sincerity;
○ Has a decision-making style that balances input, collaboration, and decisiveness and who approaches difficult conversations with directness and kindness;
○ Is highly organized and detail oriented;
○ Is deeply knowledgeable about best practices in teaching and learning.
Interested applicants are asked to email their cover letter and resume to Reesa Karch, Principal at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org