Beth Avraham Yoseph of Toronto (BAYT)
BAYT Youth Director
Job Type: Part-time (20 hours per week) with potential to become permanent
Beth Avraham Yoseph of Toronto (BAYT) is Canada’s largest Orthodox synagogue located just north of Toronto. Our 750+ member families represent a full spectrum of Orthodoxy. BAYT seeks an experienced professional to lead our active Youth department. The candidate will bring a high level of warmth and energy to the role and will plan, lead and coordinate a full schedule of youth activities for children of all age groups, pre-nursery through to high school. Specifically, the Youth Director will:
1) Serve as positive Jewish role models for our diverse youth and teens.
2) Provide outstanding programming of Jewish significance for BAYT youth.
3) Organize events for BAYT youth, which infuse core Torah values into their daily lives.
- Passion for and belief in the importance of informal Jewish education.
- Experience working with Jewish youth (e.g. NCSY, Jewish camps, teaching, or other synagogue youth leadership).
- Ability to plan and lead multiple projects and programs independently.
- Working knowledge of current technology including document creation (Word, Excel, Publisher, Google Suite and Shul Cloud)
- Experience leveraging social media platforms to promote programming and events.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure programming and events are inclusive and reflect the diversity of the community
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that seeks out new ideas and flourishes in high growth environments.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and apply innovative and creative thinking.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Management and accountability for budgets and reporting
- Fundraising experience an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably education related.
- Relevant certification, credentialing or licensing strongly preferred.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit bayt.ca.